Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Saturday, November 19, 2005
So the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 are due out shortly, and everyone has there own opinions on which will be the 'better' games console. But now you can prove them all wrong, by building your own games console!
Ok, so the XGameStation Micro Edition might not be quite as high powered as the two leading consoles, but the satisfaction of building it yourself should be reward enough.
Check out what you get in the kit:
- Complete XGS Micro Edition console, fully assembled and ready to use.
- Andre' LaMothe's one-of-a-kind eBook, Designing Your Own Video Game Console, explaining the entire design and implementation of the XGS Micro. Covers the basics of electrical engineering, circuit board design, layout and routing, video techniques, sound generation, I/O techniques, relevant software tools, low-level programming, and much more!
- Official XGS Micro Edition Development Studio tool chain for Windows PCs supporting "To the Metal" Assembly Language programming.
- Complete, electronic copy of Andre' LaMothe's best selling "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" (a $60 value!).
- Parallax's "Beginning Assembly Language for the SX Microcontroller" eBook.
- Comprehensive collection of useful software tools and utilities for XGS Micro development.
- XGS-compatible joystick/gamepad (actual joystick may not match item pictured).
- Parallel cable for interfacing XGS Micro to development PC.
- A/V cables for output to any television.
- Wall adapter power supply.
- Printed copy of the XGS Micro Edition User Guide to get you up to speed fast.
- NTSC or PAL color burst crystal options.
Pretty cool, huh?
Posted by X-Cubed at 6:39 PM